Sometime after October 1935, Ben Kvindlog purchased a service station from Bill Leverenz. The "Ben Kvindlog Service Station" sold Texaco gasoline and was located in the heart of Waldo, Wisconsin. The original building was moved to a different location (what is now Hwy. 57 and County Trunk F) and a new building was put in its place. The station had 2 gas pumps. Several additions were made to the building. Ben was very proud to sell Texaco gasoline. It remained a Texaco station until they pulled out of Wisconsin in the early 1980s. It then became a Conoco gas station and then an Amoco gas station until BP bought out Amoco. In 1962, Ben's son, Bill Kvindlog, came to work at the station. Ben retired in 1971. Bill took over the business and incorporated it in 1972 and it became known as Kvindlog Services, Inc. Bill retired at the end of 2007 when his daughter and son-in-law, Mary and Jim Parrish, took over. But don't worry....you'll still see Bill around....most likely in the hobby department or at the flying field!
Ben and Leona Kvindlog in front of the service station in 1939.
Copyright Kvindlog Services, Inc. All rights reserved.
104 S. Mill St. Hwy. 57 and Cty. Tk. V Waldo, WI53093 ph: 920-528-8343 alt: 920-564-2222